Top Reasons why Mobile Technology is More Significant Today!
Some of the observers would argue that we have just entered the post-PC era, where only a few people can access internet through the traditional laptop or desktop computers – and that instead we are soon surfing almost exclusively on tablets and smartphone. While the total transition from PCs to mobile technology might take a little longer, it is hard to argue the importance of mobile technology in our daily lives. Here are the top reasons why the mobile technology is considered very important. You can use this information in order to help you consider this technology in your marketing strategies for the next coming years.
- An increasing number of people are accessing internet through their mobile devices – It is estimated that the US users that access internet through the traditional laptop and personal computers will have a drop in numbers from 240million users in 2012 to 225million users by 2016.Furthermore, the number of users who primarily search through the use of their mobile devices is expected to rise from 174million to 265million at the similar time frame.
- People are now doing more online transaction through their mobile devices – approximately 20% of the entire ecommerce sessions are now occurring on tablet and smartphone computers. The market observers believed that the rate will climb to 50% in the next 3 years. Unfortunately, not all online business websites are well-designed in order to provide a shopping experience that’s of high quality on the mobile devices. Without the use of responsive website, online businesses will likely to see very poor conversion rates for the mobile shoppers.
- The mobile technology is now changing the web surfing habits of the consumers – people who access internet through the use of their tablets or smartphones are often less likely to try deciphering a hard to understand message than someone on PC. If something is not immediately interesting or really relevant to the user of mobile devices, they will immediately switch to a new page or app right away.
- The social media has already gone mobile – The most popular apps on Android smartphones and iPhone are those that enable the users to access their accounts in social media. This would mean that you marketing strategies and efforts shouldn’t only take the landscape of social media into account, but they also need to understand that many of the social media users are now accessing their accounts through their mobile devices. This kind of trend may even become more apparent as the observers wait for the long anticipated launch of the Facebook-branded smartphone.
- The mobile technology enable a location based marketing – most tablet and smartphone computers incorporate the location sensing technology that allows the apps to access the approximate location of the user. For the devices that include GPS technology, these applications can locate the exact location of the user in a few feet. These kinds of apps can then display their targeted coupons or offers to the nearby stores. Since people are usually having their cellular phones with them when they are outside their home, this can be a great opportunity for the businesses.
There are many more reasons why mobile technology is more significant today. In the next coming years, we can expect that transition from PCs to mobile technology will be completed.